Annual Book Fair to be held April 7, 8, 9th 2017. FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK ON THE BOOK FAIR LINK ABOVE!!
2016-17 SCHEDULE OF AAUW KEOKUK MEETINGS
9/6/16 Keokuk Library, Lower Level
Thea Dennis, Fulbright Scholar
Dev K. Carry-In Salad Dinner
10/4/16 Keokuk Library, LL
Public Policy Issues – How Do We Cast our Vote Based on the Issues? – Deb Hedger – Southeastern Community College Economics Instructor
11/1/16 Grand Theater
Tour of the Grand Theater Diane S.
12/6/16 Keokuk Library, LL
Annual Book Discussion Members bring holiday treats to share.
2/7/17 New Bethel Church
Speaker – Freedom Rider from Fairfield Dev K.
Dinner made by Women of Bethel Church – cost – approx $10 – contact Dianne Stanley at 319-524-2086 to make reservations
Dinner at 6:00 PM at New Bethel Church 1217 Morgan St Keokuk Meeting at 7:00 PM
3/7/17 Keokuk Library Lower Level Women in History month
4/4/17 Keokuk Library LL
Dev will share photos and stories from trip to Cuba. Dev K.
5/6/17 Member’s home?
Possible Exchange Student or Sister Cities Carry in Brunch
2016-17 Keokuk Branch Officers
• President – Dev Kiedaisch
• Vice President Programs – Dianne Stanley
• Vice President Membership – Barb Casady
• Secretary – Sue Prochazka
• Treasurer – Janet Fife – LaFrenz
• Fundraising/Book Fair – Sandy Seabold
• Friday, September 9 – 11:00 to 1:00 – Southeastern Community College – “Welcome Back Student Lunch” – AAUW will have a table to promote AAUW, register voters and have absentee ballots.
• Monday, September 19 – Iowa Supreme Court @ the Grand Theater. 8:00 – 5:00 – sponsored by AAUW – Diane Stanley will coordinate.
• Possible Candidate Forum – possible co-host with Chamber of Commerce – Diane Stanley will coordinate.
For Information on the benefits of AAUW membership click on the Benefits of Membership link under AAUW on the right side of this page.
For 130 years, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. Our commitment to our mission is reflected in all aspects of our work.
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research.
AAUW’s Value Promise
By joining AAUW, you belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women and girls have a fair chance.